New Year, New Look: 5 Style Resolutions
The calendar has turned on 2022, and the first month of 2023 is as good a time as any to experiment with - or even reinvent - your signature style. Here is a list of five style resolutions to consider in the new year; let's make it your best dressed yet.
1. You've been meaning to cull down your wardrobe for a while. Well, there's not better time than the present. Clear your closet of redundant, worn-out, and low-quality garments. Make a concerted effort to purchase high-quality pieces that will last a long time, and importantly, help you mold your image as a tastefully clothed professional. Quality is economy.
2. Vow to avoid over-design - distressed jeans, jackets riddled with unnecessary pockets, clashing patterns, large logos, etc. Instead, aim for a cleaner, more streamlined look that captures your confident style. Approach your look with an editing eye, cutting away bulk and "noise," as erring on the side of minimalism and quality will never lead you astray.
3. You've got a closet full of reliable staples - white dress shirt, charcoal suit, black leather belt and shoes - so why not try experimenting with colors and patterns? Go for a bold pinstripe pattern, or opt for a truly luxurious and cozy garment like a cashmere sweater. Allow these statement designs to come to the foreground, being mindful of pairing them with simpler pieces to avoid an overdone look.
4. Pant bunching over your shoes? Jacket too tight? Ill fitting garment can cause you physical discomfort while creating an unflattering distortion of your natural physique. In 2023, resolve to pay attention to tailoring; it will be well worth it. Better yet, invest in a custom outfit from Atelier Munro. From start to finish, and head to toe, they offer custom suits, jackets, trousers, shirts, sweaters, and shoes that are quite literally made for you.
5. New Year's celebrations are all about glitz and glamour. Keep the spirit of the season going by working some shine into your look. Opt for a classic stainless-steel watch or cufflinks to top off your outfit. Keep your leather shoes as sleek as can be with polishing cream, sprays, and wood brushes for buffing. And if you already have a tuxedo, try switching things up with a velvet jacket.